Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Perfection




 You know it's Fall when the Pumpkin Spice Lattes start to appear in coffee shops all over the country.  I recently had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season (decaf of course) and I must say that it hit the spot.   I don't know what it is about the pumpkin flavor that makes these lattes so much better than regular lattes but for some reason they're irresistible.  I don't drink lattes at any other time of year.  I thoroughly enjoyed my pumpkin spice latte and I'm sure it won't be my last one of the season.


My super great latte put me in the mood to bake with pumpkin so I pulled out my Fall baking magazine from Taste of Home and searched for a recipe.  I found a recipe for Oatmeal Surprise cookies.  It was a basic oatmeal cookie recipe with chocolate covered raisins baked inside.  Why have I never thought of this idea before?  Pure genius. 

Oatmeal Surprise Cookies
1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 3/4 cups oats
1 1/2 cups chocolate covered raisins




Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.








Beat in eggs.










Combine flour, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice.  Gradually add to creamed mixture.










Stir in oats and chocolate covered raisins.


Drop by scoops onto a silicone baking sheet.  Bake 13 minutes at 350.








I packaged some of these cookies and delivered them to some of my wonderful neighbors.











These were some pretty impressive cookies.  My daughter still picked put the raisins and then tried to lick the chocolate off but the rest of us enjoyed them just like this.




















Last week I was wandering around the garden center when I found these super cute pumpkin decorations.  The store was selling these little wooden cutouts in kits that you could use to decorate a pumpkin - no carving necessary. 

Happy Fall.

Bon Appetit!






No comments:

Post a Comment